NEW ORLEANS CENTER FOR
Clinical Trial Services
- Phase I - IV Outpatient Facility
- Limited Overnight Capabilities
William B. Smith, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Dr. Bill Smith is the Founder, President, and Principal Investigator of VRG and NOCCR, the AMR sites in New Orleans and Knoxville. He was also one of the founders of AMR. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Nephrology, and Cardiology. He has been involved in greater than 1500 clinical trials over the past 35 years. Dr. Smith is a frequent lecturer and author and publishes extensively in clinical and scientific journals.
New Orleans Center for Clinical Research & Volunteer Research Group
Established in New Orleans in 1985, NOCCR still maintains the original Canal Street location. Following Hurricane Katrina, the Phase I unit and company headquarters were moved to Knoxville, TN. NOCCR Knoxville and Volunteer Research Group are headquartered inside East Tennessee’s premier research hospital; ideally located for complex clinical trials. NOCCR/VRG have experienced medical staff on duty at the facilities 24/7 including 12 full-time study coordinators, 2 full-time Nurse Practitioners, 20 coordinator assistants, IATA certified lab coordinators, and contract and budget specialists. Each coordinator has an average of 6 years’ experience in the medical field. NOCCR/VRG has the ability to perform procedurally dif cult trials and can successfully recruit special populations. Major indication of specialties include: renal, hepatic, healthy volunteers, elderly and women’s/men’s health.
AMR’s track record on our most recent trial was very impressive; they enrolled 420 subjects in 4 weeks with an overall 95% retention rate over the 6-month study duration. Even though each AMR center is an individual site, the communication network among them was the key to delivering a standard message to all sites.
Project Director, CRO - Avian Influenza Vaccine Trial
- In 1985 founded New Orleans, LA site
- In 1991 founded Knoxville, TN site
- Satellite Sites: 1, Tazewell, TN
- Conducted 1875+ Phase I –IV trials
- Patient database of 26,100
- Inpatient Phase I Unit with 50 beds
- Outpatient Unit with 9 exam rooms
- Maintains: FWA,BNDD, GDUFA, Biosafety Level 2, Schedule II– IV License, IBC, CLIA Waiver
- Ability to process PBMC samples
- Dedicated double locked limited access IP Storage w/ Laminar flow hood, controlled substance storage
- Sperm Lab
- USP 797 Pharmacy
- 24/7 Backup Generator
- CT/PET Scanning
- DEXA Scanning
- ECG/Mortara Surveyor System
- Metabolic Cart
- Mortara Surveyor System
- Non-invasive CO monitors
- Refrigerated centrifuges, -70°C freezers, refrigerators