Clinical Trial Services
- Phase I - IV Outpatient Facility
- Limited Overnight Capabilities
Kathy Welch, M.P.H., R.D.
In 1987, Kathy Welch founded the first freestanding research site in the state of Alabama, Coastal Clinical Research, in Mobile. Kathy received her Bachelor of Science degree, with focus of study in Nutrition and Foods, in 1981. In 1986, Kathy graduated from the University of Alabama at Birmingham with her Master’s in Public Health. She has been involved in over 700 clinical trials since the inception of CCR. Kathy continues to play a significant role in the development and growth of CCR.
Coastal Clinical Research
Coastal Clinical Research’s headquarters is housed in 7,800 square-foot modern facility with on-site laboratory capabilities. CCR has five full-time clinical research coordinators and five coordinator assistants/recruiters with over 57 years of combined research experience. CCR has the ability to perform procedurally difficult trials and can successfully recruit special populations. Major indication of specialties include: smoking, vaccines and obesity. CCR has the ability to perform cystoscopy and TRUS biopsies on site.
A great place. I love coming here.
- Founded in 1987
- Located in Mobile, AL
- Conducted 700+ Phase I –IV trials
- Patient database of 27,000+
- Onsite overnight capability: 4 beds
- Outpatient Unit with 8 exam rooms
- Maintains: FWA,GDUFA, Schedule II–IV License, IBC, CLIA Waiver, Biosafety Level 2
- Ability to perform cystoscopy, TRUS
- CT/PET Scanning
- DEXA Scanning