BAPTIST HEALTH CENTER
FOR CLINICAL RESEARCH
FOR CLINICAL RESEARCH
Clinical Trial Services
- Phase I - IV Outpatient Facility
- Full-Service Phase I Inpatient Capabilities
Richard G. Pellegrino, M.D., Ph.D.
President & CEO
Dr. Pellegrino has a M.S. in Cell Biology from Yale University and obtained his M.D. & Ph.D in Neuroscience from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Pellegrino has over 23 years of experience conducting clinical research and has served on the Board of Trustees of the American Academy of Pharmaceutical Physicians. Dr. Pellegrino also serves as the Chief of Neurology services at Baptist Health.
Baptist Health Center for Clinical Research
Baptist Health Center for Clinical Research (BHCCR) is the clinical research arm of the largest integrated medical system in the state of Arkansas, adding an important new service to Baptist Health’s already comprehensive offerings in diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation. This allows us to attract many new research studies to central Arkansas for patients with a wide variety of conditions. Baptist Health is the state’s most comprehensive healthcare provider serving patients in a variety of settings from diagnostics to treatment to rehabilitation. BHCCR consists of clinical specialists who work closely with a patient’s primary care physician during the entire process. Combining this with resources of the Baptist Health system gives the patient an advantage they are not likely to have otherwise and is why Baptist Health and BHCCR are leaders in up to the minute patient care and research. We are able to conduct both inpatient and outpatient clinical research studies with support and collaboration from every clinical department, making BHCCR a unique and special place. We perform Phase I-IV clinical research in a variety of therapeutic areas and our primary concern is always patient safety.
I am very pleased with the study. I was able to lose weight without any negative problems with my diabetes or blood pressure. Thank You very much.
PHASE 1 UNIT
- The Phase I unit is secured with an alarm system that will alert staff to anyone entering or exiting the unit. All subject rooms are equipped nurse call system.
- -70°C Freezers (1)
- -20°C Freezers (2)
- Cold Centrifuge
- ADRC Extraction Preparation and Injection
- PBMC Processing
- Cell Washing
- Phase 1 Unit
- Phase II-IV Unit
- Digitized clock system
- Contract Turnaround Time: 24-48 Hours
- Feasibility Turnaround Time: 24-48 Hours
- Regulatory Turnaround Time: 24-48 Hours
- Full-Time Compliance Officer
- Schedule I license and Schedule II-V license for researchers
- Rapid Enrollment
- Backup natural gas generator ensures continued power supply in the event of an electricity outage
- Ambient and refrigerated centrifuges
- Phlebotomy stations
- Dedicated processing area
- Ductless fume hood
- All laboratory staff maintains current IATA certification
- In addition to on-site capabilities, BHCCR has access to a full service local lab that can be utilized if needed.
- All staff maintains current GCP certification
- Clinic staff are certified in CPR
- Pharmacies maintain a DEA license for Schedule I-IV drugs.
- There is an on-call registered nurse and physician 24/7 to provide coverage if an emergency arises outside of normal business hours.
- The electronic monitoring system is centralized and alarms are activated if any temperature excursion is noted
- Safe within the drug room for controlled substance storage
- On-site short-term and long-term storage facility
- Initial regulatory packets completed within 48 hours of receipt
- Contract/Budget negotiations completed within 48 hours of receipt
- Full-service medical center cafeteria with room service, as well as on-site catering from multiple restaurants